Defect characteristics of oxidized slag inclusion: most of the oxidized slag inclusion is distributed on the upper surface of the casting, at the corners of the mold where no gas flow. The fractures are mostly grayish white or yellow, and they are found during X-ray fluoroscopy or mechanical processing, and can also be found during alkaline washing, pickling or anodization.
1. The charge is not clean, and the amount of back charge is too much.
2. Poor gating system design.
3. The slag in the alloy liquid has not been cleaned up.
4. Improper pouring operation brings in slag. 5. After refining and deterioration treatment, the standing time is not enough.
1. The charge should be sand-blown, and the amount of charge used should be appropriately reduced.
2. Improve the design of the gating system to increase its slag retaining ability.
3. Use proper flux to remove slag.
4. When pouring, it should be stable and pay attention to slag blocking.
5. After refining, the alloy liquid should be allowed to stand for a certain period of time before pouring.
Link to this article：Causes and solutions of oxidation and slag inclusion in aluminum castings
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks